Updated 2019 – Operating in Toronto for a second time, InstaRyde is a great opportunity for drivers ready to explore the rideshare world. Below you will find all of the rates and requirements you will need to get yourself started.
Check out our InstaRyde Toronto Guide for a full walkthrough featuring everything you need to know to get started with InstaRyde in the GTA.
- Service Types and Rates
- Vehicle Requirements
- Driver Requirements
- HST and Taxes
- Insurance Requirements
- Sign Up Process
- Contact Information
Looking for other rideshare options in your city? Head over to our Choose Your City page to find out what rideshare apps are available. Learn how to get signed up in no time!
*InstaRyde is currently offline, when attempting to open either the rider app of the driver app we receive an error message stating “Could not connect to server, Please try again”. We will update this when we find the service up and running again.
Service Types and Rates
Tips, Fees, and Payment Methods
Commission and Service Fees
+$0.30 & 2.9%
Payment Processing Fee
- 25+ years old
- Three years of Canadian driving history
- Minimum of 1 year with a full Ontario G license
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, SIN card, or Work permit
- Your name must be on the vehicle registration as a primary or secondary driver.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Clean driving record
- Criminal background check
- Iphone or Android device – you must have a navigation app on your phone like Waze or Google Maps as there is no in app navigation with InstaRyde
- You must have also completed at least 25 rides with another ridesharing company – A representative from InstaRyde has stated the reason for this requirement is that they want to recruit experienced drivers right out of the gate to offer a superior experience for passengers. They may waive this requirement in the future.
HST and Taxes
The taxes you will have to pay include CPP (Canadian Pension Plan contributions), EI (Employment Insurance), Federal and Provincial Income tax. You should consult with an accountant who can tell you how much to save from your earnings, especially if you have another job.
HST will also be charged to the customer and passed on to you. That means that you will need keep it to pay the government. You will need to get an HST number from the CRA in order to remit the 13%.
InstaRyde drivers in Toronto are covered under a policy with Northbridge Insurance. The policy covers you while you are logged into the app and while you have picked up a passenger.
Commercial driver insurance is not required, however, you should check with your personal insurance provider to make sure you are covered while operating as a rideshare driver.
You are also required to maintain your own personal insurance policy.
Sign Up Process
Head over to the InstaRyde website to sign up or sign up in-app
Help us out and sign up with our referral code 09oxhr!
InstaRyde Toronto Hub
425 Alness St
North York, ON
Mon-Fri: 09:30am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm – 7:00pm (by appointment)
Check here for InstaRyde office operating hours.
For everything rideshare and commercial driving, follow us at CDHQ!
FEATURED USER REFERRAL CODE
“Make sure you gas up before you start driving. You will get a bad customer rating if you have to stop for fuel during a trip.”
Doug’s Referral Code