RideCo offers a carpool like service as well as private rides to your destination. They present a great way to fill in your downtime while driving for Uber.
Check below for the rates and requirements to sign up!
For a full guide to driving for RideCo in Kitchener-Waterloo head right over here.
Service Types and Rates
20% of SSF*
* Standard Service Fee
Tips, Fees, and Payment Methods
PAX have the option to tip in cash
$0.30/min after waiting 15 minutes from the notification
Long Pick Up Fee?
$0.78/km after the first 5km
Frequency of Pay?
Method of Pay?
Commission and Service Fees
Service Fees Not Yet Available
- 4 door vehicle
- Vehicle inspection if your vehicle is older than 3 years old.
- If your vehicle is between 3-10 years old, the Safety Certificate must be no more than 1 year old.
- If your car is older than 10 years, your Safety Certificate must be less than 6 months old.
- Must have a G license for at least 2 years.
- 21 years old and older
- Good Driving Record with no more than 5 demerit points
- No major infractions or suspensions over the last 3 years
- Must pass a background check
- Able to work legally in Canada
HST & Taxes
The taxes you will have to pay include CPP (Canadian Pension Plan contributions), EI (Employment Insurance), Federal and Provincial Income tax. You should consult with an accountant who can tell you how much to save from your earnings, especially if you have another job.
HST will also be charged to the customer and passed on to you. That means that you will need keep it to pay the government. You will need to get an HST number from the CRA in order to remit the 13%.
RideCo drivers in Ontario are automatically insured through Northbridge Insurance. Links to policy information can be found here.
Commercial driver insurance is not required, however, you should check with your personal insurance provider to make sure you are covered while operating as a rideshare driver.