Updated 2019 – RideCo Waterloo offers a carpool like service as well as private rides to your destination. They present a great way to fill in your downtime while driving for Uber.
Check below for the rates and requirements to sign up!
For a full guide to driving for RideCo in Kitchener-Waterloo head right over here.
- Service Types and Rates
- Vehicle Requirements
- Driver Requirements
- HST and Taxes
- Insurance Requirements
- Sign Up Process
- Contact Information
Looking for other rideshare options in your city? Head over to our Choose Your City page to find out what rideshare apps are available. Learn how to get signed up in no time!
Service Types and Rates for RideCo Waterloo
20% of SSF*
* Standard Service Fee
Tips, Fees, and Payment Methods
Commission and Service Fees
Service Fees Not Yet Available
- 4 door vehicle
- Vehicle inspection if your vehicle is older than 3 years old.
- If your vehicle is between 3-10 years old, the Safety Certificate must be no more than 1 year old.
- If your car is older than 10 years, your Safety Certificate must be less than 6 months old.
- No salvaged vehicles
RideCo Driver Requirements
- Must have a G license for at least 2 years.
- 21 years old and older
- Good Driving Record with no more than 5 demerit points
- No major infractions or suspensions over the last 3 years
- Must pass a background check
- Able to work legally in Canada
RideCo Waterloo HST & Taxes
The taxes you will have to pay include CPP (Canadian Pension Plan contributions), EI (Employment Insurance), Federal and Provincial Income tax. You should consult with an accountant who can tell you how much to save from your earnings, especially if you have another job.
HST will also be charged to the customer and passed on to you. That means that you will need keep it to pay the government. You will need to get an HST number from the CRA in order to remit the 13%.
RideCo Waterloo drivers in Ontario are automatically insured through Northbridge Insurance. Links to policy information can be found here.
Commercial driver insurance is not required, however, you should check with your personal insurance provider to make sure you are covered while operating as a rideshare driver.
Sign Up Process
To start the application process, start by visiting their website and complete the online questionnaire.
Office: Waterloo, Ontario