Below you will find the rates, requirements, and contact information you will need to find out if Taxify is right for you!
Service Types and Rates
*Taxify PrivateXL, PrivateUP, LUX, and WA all coming soon.
Tips, Fees, and Payment Methods
Yes PAX have the option to tip in app or in cash
Long Pick Up Fee?
Charged to customer, reimbursed by Taxify
Assessed and charged according to the extent of damage
Frequency of Pay?
Method of Pay?
Direct deposit or cash
Commission and Service Fees
Commission percentages are not yet available from Taxify
- Be no more than 7 model years old (2010 models will still be accepted until March 31, 2018)
- Have a minimum of 4 doors
- May NOT be rebuilt or salvaged
- Pass a vehicle inspection (learn more about the Safety Standard Certificate here). Must be submitted within 36 days of inspection.
- NOT be a commercially marked vehicle (limo, taxi, etc) OR a rental vehicle
- Be clean inside and out, with no visible body damage
- Have zero mechanical issues – functionality and safety are most important!
- Be equipped with all-weather or snow tires from December 1 to April 30
XL, PrivateUP, LUX and WA not yet available.
- 21+ years old
- Ontario G Driver’s License or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, SIN card, or Work permit
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Background check for criminal and driving records. Must attend their office and bring all required documentation:
- Driver’s license
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- Ontario Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Insurance
- VALID Safety Standards Certificate
HST & Taxes
The taxes you will have to pay include CPP (Canadian Pension Plan contributions), EI (Employment Insurance), Federal and Provincial Income tax. You should consult with an accountant who can tell you how much to save from your earnings, especially if you have another job.
HST will also be charged to the customer and passed on to you. That means that you will need keep it to pay the government. You will need to get an HST number from the CRA in order to remit the 13%.
Facedrive drivers in Ontario are automatically insured through Northbridge Insurance. Links to policy information can be found here.
Commercial driver insurance is not required, however, you should check with your personal insurance provider to make sure you are covered while operating as a rideshare driver.
Taxify Toronto Office
35 Oak Street
North York, On