The Uber rates and requirements are fairly similar within the GTA. Check below to see if you qualify for Uber in Hamilton!
Service Types and Rates
Tips, Fees, and Payment Methods
Yes PAX have the option to tip in app or in cash
Long Pick Up Fee?
Toll fees will be remitted to the driver entirely
Up to $150
Frequency of Pay?
Method of Pay?
Commission and Service Fees
- Vehicle model year must be 10 years old or newer
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection
- Uber sticker displayed on back windshield on the passenger side
- 21+ years old
- Ontario G Driver’s License or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, SIN card, or Work permit
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Clean driving record
- Criminal background check
HST & Taxes
The taxes you will have to pay include CPP (Canadian Pension Plan contributions), EI (Employment Insurance), Federal and Provincial Income tax. You should consult with an accountant who can tell you how much to save from your earnings, especially if you have another job.
HST will also be charged to the customer and passed on to you. That means that you will need keep it to pay the government. You will need to get an HST number from the CRA in order to remit the 13%.
Uber drivers in Ontario are automatically insured through Intact Insurance. Links to policy information can be found here.
Commercial driver insurance is not required, however, you should check with your personal insurance provider to make sure you are covered while operating as a rideshare driver.