If you want to make more money with Uber’s new service Uber Comfort, you’ll need to own a vehicle on the approved car list. Uber Comfort is all about providing the rider with a comfortable relaxing journey to their destination. Riders are offered more leg room, more head room, and they are able to request custom temperature settings.
For drivers this means stepping up your game a little to offer the rider the best possible trip they can have. If they want quiet, give them a quiet ride, if they want it super cool in the car in the dead of winter, they got it.
Check the car list below to see if your vehicle is approved to offer comfort service to riders across Canada and the USA.
Ready to sign up as a top tier driver? Help keep us going and use our referral when you sign up!
Driver and vehicle basic requirements
Uber Comfort follows the same basic driver and vehicle requirements as UberX. In addition to the standard requirements, Comfort drivers will need to meet a few extra conditions to provide the service.
Standard UberX Driver Requirements
- 21+ years old
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of work eligibility: (Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport…)
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Clean driving record (typically no more than 2 minor infractions in the last 3 years.
- Clean criminal background check
Additional requirements to drive with Uber Comfort:
- Be eligible to driver for another Uber option such as UberX
- Drivers must have a minimum 4.85 rating and at least 250 trips under their belt
Standard UberX Vehicle Requirements
- Vehicle must be no 7 years old or newer
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- Taxi cabs, government cars, or commercially marked vehicles are not allowed
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic.
Additional vehicle requirements for Uber Comfort
- Vehicle must appear on the list below
- Interior should be clean and comfortable for the rider
- Usually vehicles with extra leg and head room
- Working AC and temperature controls
The Uber Comfort Car List
It seems that the only difference between the UberX car lists and the Uber Comfort car list is that the smaller compact vehicles have been removed. This is right inline with the Uber Comfort philosophy of absolute rider comfort (leg room and all). We checked every available city and found that the car lists were all pretty well the same. To be absolutely sure your car is eligible, try signing up!
Most vehicle models should be no older than 5 years, to be on the safe side your vehicle should be 2 years old or newer.
- Acura – MDX, RDX, RLX, TLX, ZDX
- Audi – A6, A7, A8, Q5, Q7, S6, S7, S8, SQ5, SQ7
- Bentley – Flying Spur
- BMW – 5-series, 7-series, ActiveHybrid 5, ActiveHybrid 7, Alpina B7, M5, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6
- Buick – Enclave, LaCrosse, Regal
- Cadillac – CT6, CTS, DTS, Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX, STS, XTS, XT5, XT6
- Chevrolet – Tahoe, Suburban, Equinox, Impala, Trailblazer, Traverse
- Chrysler – 300, Aspen, Town and Country, Pacifica
- Dodge – Durango
- Ford – Expedition, Edge, Excursion, Explorer, Flex, F-150, Escape
- Genesis – G70, G80, G90
- GMC – Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon XL Denali, Suburban, Acadia, Acadia Denali, Envoy, Terrain
- Honda – Pilot, Accord, CR-V, Odyssey
- Hyundai – Equus, Genesis, Santa Fe, Santa Fe Sport, Veracruz, Tucson
- Infiniti – JX, Q60, Q70, QX50, QX56, QX60, QX70, QX80
- Jaguar – XF, XJ, XJR
- Jeep – Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler
- Kia – Sorento, Borrego, Soul
- Land Rover – Discovery, LR3, LR4, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar, Range Rover Vogue
- Lexus – ES, GS, GX, LS, LX, NX, RX
- Lincoln – Aviator, Continental, MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ, Nautilus, Navigator, Town Car
- Mazda – CX-7, CX-9, MAZDA5
- Mercedes-Benz – E-Class, G-Class, GL-Class, GLA-Class, GLC-Class, GLE-Class, GLK-Class, GLS-Class, ML-Class, R-Class, M-Class, S-Class, Metris
- Mitsubishi – Montero, Outlander, Outlander Sport
- Nissan – Armada, Murano, Pathfinder
- Porche – Cayenne
- Subaru – Ascent, Legacy, Outback, Forrester
- Tesla – Model S, Model X, Model 3
- Toyota – 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, RAV4, Sienna
- Volkswagen – Atlas, Tiguan, Touareg
- Volvo – S90, XC40, XC60, XC90