If you want to make more money with Uber’s new service Uber Comfort, you’ll need to own a vehicle on the approved car list. Uber Comfort is all about providing the rider with a comfortable relaxing journey to their destination. Riders are offered more leg room, more head room, and they are able to request custom temperature settings.
For drivers this means stepping up your game a little to offer the rider the best possible trip they can have. If they want quiet, give them a quiet ride, if they want it super cool in the car in the dead of winter, they got it.
Check the car list below to see if your vehicle is approved to offer comfort service to riders across Canada and the USA.
Ready to sign up as a top tier driver? Help keep us going and use our referral when you sign up!
Driver and vehicle basic requirements
Uber Comfort follows the same basic driver and vehicle requirements as UberX. In addition to the standard requirements, Comfort drivers will need to meet a few extra conditions to provide the service.
Standard UberX Driver Requirements
- 21+ years old
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of work eligibility: (Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport…)
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Clean driving record (typically no more than 2 minor infractions in the last 3 years.
- Clean criminal background check
Additional requirements to drive with Uber Comfort:
- Be eligible to driver for another Uber option such as UberX
- Drivers must have a minimum 4.85 rating and at least 250 trips under their belt
Standard UberX Vehicle Requirements
- Vehicle must be no 7 years old or newer
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- Taxi cabs, government cars, or commercially marked vehicles are not allowed
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic.
Additional vehicle requirements for Uber Comfort
- Vehicle must appear on the list below
- Interior should be clean and comfortable for the rider
- Usually vehicles with extra leg and head room
- Working AC and temperature controls
The Uber Comfort Car List
It seems that the only difference between the UberX car lists and the Uber Comfort car list is that the smaller compact vehicles have been removed. This is right inline with the Uber Comfort philosophy of absolute rider comfort (leg room and all). We checked every available city and found that the car lists were all pretty well the same. To be absolutely sure your car is eligible, try signing up!
Most vehicle models should be no older than 5 years, to be on the safe side your vehicle should be 2 years old or newer.
Acura – MDX, RDX, RLX, TLX, ZDX
Audi – A6, A7, A8, Q5, Q7, S6, S7, S8, SQ5, SQ7
Bentley – Flying Spur
BMW – 5-series, 7-series, ActiveHybrid 5, ActiveHybrid 7, Alpina B7, M5, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6
Buick – Enclave, LaCrosse, Regal
Cadillac – CT6, CTS, DTS, Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX, STS, XTS, XT5, XT6
Chevrolet – Tahoe, Suburban, Equinox, Impala, Trailblazer, Traverse
Chrysler – 300, Aspen, Town and Country, Pacifica
Dodge – Durango
Ford – Expedition, Edge, Excursion, Explorer, Flex, F-150, Escape
Genesis – G70, G80, G90
GMC – Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon XL Denali, Suburban, Acadia, Acadia Denali, Envoy, Terrain
Honda – Pilot, Accord, CR-V, Odyssey
Hyundai – Equus, Genesis, Santa Fe, Santa Fe Sport, Veracruz, Tucson
Infiniti – JX, Q60, Q70, QX50, QX56, QX60, QX70, QX80
Jaguar – XF, XJ, XJR
Jeep – Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler
Kia – Sorento, Borrego, Soul
Land Rover – Discovery, LR3, LR4, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar, Range Rover Vogue
Lexus – ES, GS, GX, LS, LX, NX, RX
Lincoln – Aviator, Continental, MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ, Nautilus, Navigator, Town Car
Mazda – CX-7, CX-9, MAZDA5
Mercedes-Benz – E-Class, G-Class, GL-Class, GLA-Class, GLC-Class, GLE-Class, GLK-Class, GLS-Class, ML-Class, R-Class, M-Class, S-Class, Metris
Mitsubishi – Montero, Outlander, Outlander Sport
Nissan – Armada, Murano, Pathfinder
Porche – Cayenne
Subaru – Ascent, Legacy, Outback, Forrester
Tesla – Model S, Model X, Model 3
Toyota – 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, RAV4, Sienna
Volkswagen – Atlas, Tiguan, Touareg
Volvo – S90, XC40, XC60, XC90
For everything rideshare and commercial driving, follow us at CDHQ!
FEATURED USER REFERRAL CODE
“Make sure you gas up before you start driving. You will get a bad customer rating if you have to stop for fuel during a trip.”
Doug’s Referral Code