The Uber driver requirements Gatineau guide for 2019 is here! We have everything you need to understand how to start driving including the Uber car requirements in Gatineau as well for each service type.
Check out the driver and car requirements for Uber Gatineau to see if you qualify. You can also find out the rates of pay and try our new Uber calculator.
- Rates and Service Types
- Uber Car Requirements
- Uber Driver Requirements
- QST and Taxes
- Insurance Requirements
- Sign Up Process
- Contact Information
Looking for other rideshare options in your city? Head over to our Choose Your City page to find out what rideshare apps are available. Learn how to get signed up in no time!
Uber Gatineau Rates and Service Types
The classic economic sedan service
Wait Time Per Minute:
Tips, Fees, and Payment Methods
Want to get paid faster? Find out more information in our article on Daily Pay, Flex Pay and Instant Pay and how it works from Uber with perks like CAA and Esso Price Privileges
Uber Fees – Commission and Booking Fee
*Booking Fee collected by Uber, not paid to driver. Commission is deducted from driver earnings. Uber commission for Uber Assist drivers is 15%.
Uber Car Requirements Gatineau
In addition to meeting the below car requirements for Uber Gatineau, your vehicle must be on the accepted car list which you can find here. The requirements for the premium services are more strict than UberX and UberXL.
Vehicle must be no 9 years old or newer
Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
Good condition with no cosmetic damage
No full-sized vans or trucks
No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
Snow tires or all-weather tires installed from December 1 until April 30 the following year (Only required for PTC licensed drivers in the City of Toronto and City of Mississauga)
Pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic.
Don’t meet the Uber car requirements in Gatineau? Don’t worry, you can probably still drive for their delivery service UberEats! Click here for the requirements and pay information for UberEats Gatineau.
Uber Driver Requirements Gatineau
- 21+ years old
- Class 4C Quebec Driver’s Licence
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, SIM card, or Work permit
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Clean driving record (typically no more than 2 minor infractions in the last 3 years.
- Clean criminal background check
QST & Taxes
All drivers must have GST and QST sales tax numbers to drive with Uber. You can obtain your tax numbers through Uber’s tax information form.
Uber will collect and pay your GST and QST sales tax for every trip. You will still need to report your sales tax once per year.
Drivers are still required to declare and pay their personal income taxes.
A sales tax rebate will be added to your weekly earnings, this rebate will reflect business expenses like vehicle maintenance or gas.
Full tax information can be found here.
Uber drivers in Quebec are automatically insured through Intact Insurance. Links to policy information can be found here.
You should check with your personal insurance provider to make sure you are covered while operating as a rideshare driver.
Have a look at our article on Uber and Lyft insurance in Ontario for more information.
Sign Up Process
- First, head over to the Uber website and create an account. Sign up bonuses or guaranteed earnings promotions are typically available.
- Download the Uber driver app. You will need to upload the following documents: Insurance, Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration and Proof of Work Eligibility.
- Get a vehicle inspection and upload the Safety Standards Certificate by taking a picture.
- After you have uploaded your documents you will need to wait for Uber to conduct their background checks and approve your account. A visit to a Greenlight Hub may be required.
- Once you have been approved, Uber will notify you by e-mail and in the app. Wait for your Uber decal to arrive in the mail.
- When you receive your Uber decal, place it on your the passenger side of your rear windshield. After that simply open the app, tap online and wait for your first trip!
Centre Uber Gatineau
1111 Prince of Wales DriveOttawa, ON, K2C 3T2
Double check the Uber Green Light Hub hours here.